Books, articles, reviews
CLSG members’ articles, reviews, work in progress – are welcome.
‘Literary Apologetics and Christian Poetics: A Case Study’ David Barratt compares Valentine Cunningham’s In the Reading Gaol with Michael Edwards’ Towards a Christian Poetics.
David Barratt – ’Hardy and Hebrews: Landscape and landmark’
John Goldingay – ’The Bible and Sexuality’
T.S. Eliot’s Social Criticism surveys Eliot’s engagements as a Christian with his society and culture, including his contributions to the meetings of the Moot, an élite group which held regular meetings 1938-1947. The digital edition can be found on Amazon Kindle (£1.49)
– ’Knowing Good and Evil: T S Eliot and Lady Chatterley’s Lover’ first published in ANQ: A Quarterly Journal, Heldref Publications, Washington DC, Vol 11 No 3 Summer 1998, pp. 37-50. Included in the above Kindle edition.
– ‘Polkinghorne’s chain of connection: Science and natural theology’
– ‘Biblical Decoding’
– ‘Confronting Scientism’
– A Gospel Reading. Book-length discussion of the progressive discovery of the significance of Jesus in the gospels: A Gospel Reading: Believing Jesus of Nazareth is published on Amazon Kindle @ £1.15. It can be read on any Kindle device or on the free downloaded reader.
.Pete Lowman – The Loss of God in the Novel
– Western Literature and the Death of God (lecture at Moscow State Linguistic University)
– Fictional Absence (a revised PhD thesis)
– Chronicles of Heaven Unshackled (Lewis and Tolkien, fantasists)
John Waddington-Feather – ‘William Grimshaw of Haworth’
The Christian Literary Studies Group in association with the Universities and Colleges Christian Fellowship